Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Organize It Tuesday: Photo Boxes

I'm not a particularly organized person, but I know if I had the funds to purchase everything my snail mail obsessed heart desires, I'd have an incredibly organized space to work in. One step at a time, though.

For the past several years, I've been hounding the newspaper for sales and coupons to give me a reason to go to Michael's, JoAnn's, and A.C.Moore. This is because their lines of photo boxes are immensely beautiful, and even more useful.






I look at the advertisements to figure out when these boxes go on sale from being $7 for one box to $10 for three boxes. 

Once I get them home, unwrapped, and cleaned out, I start piling in my incoming mail, which I'll have responded to. I tend to only include letters with stamps, as packages would take up far too much space, but I do sometimes keep them on a section of my craft table if they were decorated.

These boxes are used in my craft room primarily for letter storage, but I know others use them for notecards, envelopes, stickers, and other crafty goodies. I, however, am already bothered enough by the fact that the stores in my area never carry the same colors or designs past one visit, so my obsessive side refuses to let me purchase these boxes in mass to organize anything other than letters. I have to carry all this, you know.

For those of you who may not share my need for uniformity in size, you can take the cheaper alternative and get lots of shoe boxes from your closet, friends, and family. Add some paint, paper, or fabric, and fill those babies up to the brim with mail love!

Happy organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment