Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Organize It Tuesday: Binders & Hanging File Folders

Today I am going to show you pictures of my organizational abilities as far as snail mail goes. I have two alternatives.

Alternative #1: Files
This option allows for a larger space, more detailed and thorough storage of information, and is easily accessible.



This is my big bulky black box. Inside, you will find more than just snail mail files, but for the purposes of this post, that's what we'll discuss.


All my pen pals have a tab on their folder that is found only on the left. This makes it simpler for me to find the pen pal section.


On the outside of each pen pal's file is their information card. I have yet to scan these, print them on cardstock, cut them out, and adhere them to the files. It will get done eventually.


Alternative #2: Binders
This option takes up significantly less space, is alphabetically organized into sections by letter, and can be carried around when on the run.



This was my old method of organizing. For some, it works better than my file method. 


You can buy a pack of hole-punched tabs marked A through Z. Each pack makes a nice rainbow effect in your binder. It's super easy to decorate each tab since they're blank white cardstock.


My original information sheets were the name, address, and e-mail address of each person. Sometimes I would add in their username and site so I'd know where I met them.

I am going to be honest. I am absolutely exhausted. Please forgive me for the short post.

Happy organizing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alysa- love this idea, thanks for sharing! I apologize for falling off the letter writing planet. I don't even know what happened, I'm making some adjustments so I can get back to it again and I hope to be sending you a letter soon. (Months ago I actually bought you a little gift to include into a letter.... hopefully I can find it and get it sent.)

    ReplyDelete