Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Organize It Tuesday: Bags & Bins Part One

I apologize for the delay with this post. I had a five-hour driving class and hadn't thought out how much time photographing supplies would take between helping a new friend start a local crafting group, revamping my Etsy shop, taking a new custom order, and preparing for my business workshop tomorrow morning. Time flies when you're having fun!

So, for those of you who read my titles, you'll notice this is Part One of the Bags & Bins "Organize It Tuesday" segment. I am doing a general overview of bins. I'll go into more detail next Tuesday in Part Two. Hopefully by then I will have all my bags labeled, too! I am headed to the store tonight to buy some craft supplies, so hopefully I won't need a second stop at a different store.


I use hanging closet organizers in my craft room to help me organize my go-to supplies. These three bins helped me survive the 2012 holiday season, but let me tell you they were nowhere near as neat as they are now. Initially, they were piled high with all the important supplies for gift-wrapping and snail mail. Operative word: piled.


Close-up of the labels on the bins, but not in the correct order.


This is an overhead view of what goes in the bins. 
Translation: clear bags of colorful stuff.


This is the Lace through Garlands bin.


Lace through Garlands bin from the other side. You can see the ribbon, trim, and baker's twine here.


Close-up of the Glassine through Clothespins bin.


Another view of the Glassine through Clothespins bin. This shows the doilies, confetti, bags, and clothespins, as well as my business stamp a friend carved for me, and the ink pad that goes with it.


Lastly, the Stickers through Tape bin!


All the washi tape, fabric tape, and Etsy-made stickers I own are in this bin. But I have more stickers in boxes, which will be shown in a few weeks.

I am going to cut this post "short" here and give you all the organizing and buying specifics next week Tuesday in Bags & Bins Part Two!

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment