Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Organize It Tuesday: Washi Tape Organizers

I apologize for the delays these past few weeks. School and work have kept me on my toes.

Today's post has to do with washi tape organizers! I will cover three main options for you. I use two of them.


Option One: 
Washi Tape Dispensers


Look familiar? It should! I featured this adorable penguin washi tape dispenser from mechakucha808. It holds roughly eight rolls of washi tape. I want to order it because of the cuteness. Someday I will.

This washi tape dispenser is made by We R Memory Keepers. I ordered this last week from Amazon. Be warned! It looks larger in the photo. It is actually quite compact so it is perfect for small desk space. It features a lazy susan style bottom with room for 30 "standard" rolls of washi tape. I could only fit 22 onto mine. I don't believe I have rolls of washi tape that aren't standard, but I only buy them to use them, not because I care about the width. I'll leave that to the sellers.


Mind you, this isn't even my whole collection of washi tape. I would buy a second dispenser but even then I would need a third to accomodate my growing collection.


Plus, there's no real room for my small spools of washi tape, or the rolls of washi tape with a significantly smaller core. This brings us to option two.


Option Two: 
Scrapbooking Containers & Baggies

I use scrapbooking containers for so many things. I own three containers of varying sizes. My largest container holds all the washi tape that doesn't fit on my dispenser.


If you look in the background, you can see the other two scrapbook containers on top of a white shipping box. I use the bottom to store all my papers and cardstock, and the top to store all my envelopes for upcoming projects.


These are the baggies I use to hold all my leftover washi tape. As you can see, it's a mess. The dispensers will help with that.
This is a container you can buy from JoAnn's. It isn't the one I purchased recently, but it certainly works. A quick search in the storage section will help you find what you're looking for.


Option Three:
Scotch Tape Dispensers

I found a lovely tutorial somewhere online that explains how to turn an old disposable Scotch tape dispenser into a washi tape dispenser. If you're interested, here it is. I personally like the following option a little better because it means I get to paint things!


This page has the basic tutorial for turning Dollar Tree tape dispensers into beautiful washi tape dispensers.


As you can see, they are your standard black dispensers to begin with. Then they become gorgeous pastel shades to offset the bright washi tape.

Obviously, I'd go broke if I bought one dispenser and all the necessary supplies for each roll of washi tape I owned. Perhaps I'll just go make a few, then, and keep one roll of red, one roll of black, and one roll of pink or white for my business. Or, coordinate colors for my dream craft room! Paint one white, one purple, and one grey, and then mix up the shades of white, purple, and grey washi tape I own for a nice contrast.

Happy organizing!


1 comment:

  1. Update! My current washi tape collection is 48 rolls. :)

    ReplyDelete