Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Organize It Tuesday: Chalkboard Organization

I don't know about you, but I adore chalkboards, especially the modern DIY tutorials for chalkboard paint in any color. As a crafter, I am always on the lookout for ways to organize my supplies. As a vendor, I am always on the lookout for ways to label my displayed wares.

Chalk seems to be "making a comeback" as many will say. Personally, I just like chalk. Sidewalk chalk is my favorite.


Pick Your Plum is a site I adore. They have wonderful discounted deals on supplies and products for everything. Yesterday, I had been searching Etsy, eBay, and Amazon for wooden chalkboard tags attached to clothespins. I received Pick Your Plum's e-mail saying they had just that as their daily product! So I ordered 18 label tags.


Aren't these just darling? I'm in love. I plan to use these to label my displays at upcoming conventions and craft shows. I need some new baskets for all my stationery sets, however. 


I found this tutorial for making your own chalkboard signs attached to a clothespin. I never thought to use something other than a standard business card sized piece of wood. I will definitely be on the hunt for some wooden shapes! Perhaps penguins, or cupcakes?

So what can you use these for? Here is a list.
  • Craft show and convention pricing display
  • Labels for your craft room supplies
  • Household organization (jewelry, kitchen pantry, laundry room, closet)
  • Food trays at parties
Happy organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment